Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Great training session

I got out of work late again today, but not nearly as significantly late as I did yesterday. I was also a sweaty mess at the end of the day and was trying to decide if I wanted to go home to change into my gym clothes and sacrifice some elliptical time or if I wanted to just hit up the gym and who gives a shit if I looked disgusting. I opted for the latter. I got in a good 45 minutes on the elliptical before my personal training session. I was having a hard time keeping my heart rate up on the elliptical. Usually, I can get my heart rate up to the 150s-160s, but today I was consistently in the 125-150 range. I thought that by including pumping my arms on the elliptical that I would get my heart rate up, but by getting my legs going faster and holding on the the arm grip things, I found I got my heart rate up a bit higher. But, nonetheless, I still had burned less than 400 calories by the time my session was supposed to start. Fortunately, Jack put together a great full-body workout and I was able to burn another 300ish calories by the end of my session with him. It was challenging, but I felt great by the end. So, kudos to me.

In other news, tomorrow is my last day on gynecology and I'm going out with a bang with five surgeries tomorrow. I think I'll let tomorrow be a fasting day given how busy I'll be. I mean, if I'm not going to have time to eat, it'll be a great day to fast.

Other than that, nothing too exciting today. I had some surgeries in the morning and then had clinic in the afternoon. Tomorrow my only plans are to go to work, work out by doing some cardio, and then study.

Food for today (that I actually took a picture of):

Breakfast 
Dinner
Not pictured is the strawberry protein smoothie I had this morning, the apple I ate between surgery 1 and surgery 2, the salad and chicken I had at lunch, and the two hershey kisses I grabbed in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah girl! I love how you really kick butt when you are at the gym. I have 1.5 weeks left of a primary medicine service. Then 2 weeks of anesthesia and 4 weeks of CICU.

    ReplyDelete