Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Difficult day

Today was infinitely better - mostly because it was a busier day. I'd rather be busy than bored out of my mind, which is what happened the first two days of this two weeks of inpatient medicine.

Anyway, changing my eating habits is so, so hard you guys. I decided against going to the gym because I really needed to rest my knee - it was bothering me all day today. Not going to the gym tonight meant I had some extra time this evening. So I made banana bread and ate a lot of the batter beforehand. And despite it being past 8pm, I tasted it because well, who doesn't like fresh-out-of-the-oven banana bread? However, I have vowed to take the banana bread to work tomorrow so that I'm not eating it all by myself because I also really don't need that. 

I'm trying to make sure I'm eating small amounts of food consistently throughout the day, but I'm still eating when I'm bored. The good news is that I'm more aware of it, but sometimes it doesn't stop me. So, we try again tomorrow. One of the doctors I'm working with said that weight loss is always 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. So, we keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment