Call yesterday wasn't terrible, but I stupidly decided to do an orthodontist appointment at 8:00 this morning, so I went straight from the hospital to my appointment. They changed out my wire (to the same type of wire...) and moved one of my brackets after I complained that my front teeth that were once straight were no longer straight. I've been underwhelmed by this orthodontist duo, but they came very highly recommended, so I will continue to hope for the best.
After that appointment, I came home, ate some breakfast, and took a quick nap and then got up to take Nana to the airport. Zayd's language is still limited, but he was able to say bye bye Nana. Reyah insisted she wasn't going to be sad because she's 4 (not sure on the thought process behind that one), but has already been asking when we'll see her again.
On my drive back from the airport, I chatted with a friend that I haven't talked to in a while and it was the best. Always good to reconnect with folks, but it's more of a challenge as an adult than I realized - with different time zones and kiddos, it's hard to set aside enough time to make it count.
Once home, Nasur was napping and the kids were ready to get up from their naps, so we played for a bit and then Nasur left to get a hair cut. Colorado is verrrrrry white, so it's hard to find a good black barber. A friend of ours recommended one and Nasur headed over there. I think this is the first hair cut he's had since he's been stateside where they actually did a good job. We've been some places where the barbers simply don't know what to do with Black hair. He said this barber was Black, so I assume that helped. He looks all cleaned up now and he was actually happy with it - a feat in and of itself!
While Nasur was gone, I did an hour on the elliptical. The kiddos also "exercised" with me. We have some resistance bands attached to the elliptical, so they were tugging on those. Reyah even left to go put on some exercise clothes - she came back down in shorts and a long-sleeved shirt and later complained about how cold she was. Uh, duh. Not supposed to wear shorts when it's 20°F outside. The exercise felt not terrible, which was a nice change. The last few times I've done the elliptical, I've wanted to quit 30 minutes in. So, I'm proud of myself for doing an hour and changing up the resistance to make it sustainable and not something that I was dreading/hating the whole time.
We had some fried rice and dumplings from Trader Joe's for dinner and then it was bath time followed by bed time with glow sticks between the two. Man, kids go ape shit for glow sticks.
In terms of other eats, I haven't been taking photos and am going to try to get better with that. The only thing I photographed recently was this tiny snowman outside the hospital entrance yesterday.

Nice work on the elliptical! Must be more entertaining with kids. I get so bored with it at the gym... Do you watch a show or listen to music? I wish we had a Trader Joe's near us! Love you chica, you got this!!
ReplyDeleteI typically read and listen to music simultaneously - keeps me from getting bored
DeleteI never knew it was possible for an orthodontist to move teeth that aren't crooked! I hope they figured it out!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the elliptical! I just can't use that machine, but I've learned on the treadmill not to push myself more than I should. Slowly easing into it has worked wonders and now that I'm jogging the distance I want, I'm slowly upping the speed. Mollie sometimes sits and watches but usually gets bored and leaves. I can't imagine trying to work out with two cuties around! You're super mom!