Sunday, April 8, 2012

Guilty Post

Well, well, well, internet besties. We meet again. So you know, I'm writing this entire entry full of guilt. So no need to chastise.


I didn't wake up until 9:00 today. I said I'd get up at 7, but when my alarm went off at 6:50 (so I could snooze for 10 minutes), I didn't snooze - I dismissed. So, it's my phone's fault. Of course, when I realized it was 8:00, I probably could've gotten out of bed, but I figured since I'd already missed my goal, I may as well enjoy the sleep.


It took me a while to eat breakfast and figure out my day so when I was finally ready for the gym, it was already past 10. I wasn't really looking forward to my five miles because I thought it would take longer than I had, but since I told myself I'd do it, I headed to the gym. There were absolutely no cars at the gym. Why? Because it's Easter and apparently the gym isn't open on Easter. Who knew? No five miles for me.


So I headed home, showered up, and headed to school despite really not wanting to. I told myself that I wouldn't be productive if I stayed at home, so after eating lunch, I packed up some snacks and headed out. When I got to school, I found I wasn't going to be productive there either because I really needed a printer easily accessible. So, about an hour after I got to school, I packed back up and headed home.


Once home, I finished a book for fun and then had to give myself a pep talk into doing real work. Once I started real work, it was 3:30 and I was panicked because I'm not quite sure how I'm going to remember all these pathogens for my exam tomorrow. Ughs. And since I was panicking, I really, really wanted to go eat. But I didn't. Because today I decided I wanted to start counting calories again because my weight loss hasn't exactly been happening and I used to count calories everyday and it actually works. So, I couldn't ruin day one of tracking. Then what kind of person would I be?


Anywho, I haven't done anything but study and eat dinner since then. So here are some pics and I'll accept all forms of luck-wishing for this terrible exam tomorrow.


B-fast all weighed out
Empty gym
Lunch (my version of a Taco Bell meximelt)
Chicken marinade for tonight's dinner
Chicken and beans for dinner 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie for dessert
Calorie counting involves lots of numbers
Today's totals - though I may eat a little bit more since I plan on being up forever

5 comments:

  1. Have you considered running outside? I'm a "runner" I guess (I've run a handful of 10ks and am getting ready for my first half marathon. I like to tell myself that qualifies me as "a runner"?) and I only run on the treadmill if I'm forced by terrible weather or if something really great it on TV. Running outside makes me feel more accomplished (ie: not like a hamster in a wheel), and I find that time goes by much quicker. 45 min on a treadmill creeps by, but 1.5 hours outside isn't bad. It just works for me.

    In order to keep track of how far I've run, I use two websites:
    1. mapmyrun.com to design my routes. (I'll spend like 30 minutes every few weeks mapping out routes of all different mileages. Then, when I wake up in the morning, I can say, "today I'm going to run 6 miles" and just check the website, pick a 6miler, and head out the door.
    2. runkeeper.com to keep track of runs I actually did. It has great features to see how many miles you're running per month, your pace, etc.

    Just my 2 cents! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! Thanks for your comment. I do have a Garmin Forerunner that I use when I bike and rollerblade that I originally asked for so that I could run outside with, but I just haven't made it outside yet. Running outdoors on the cement is a bit harder on my knees, but I'm planning on trying to run outdoors soon!

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the calories, but did you know that are apps that make it a MILLION times easier?? I like My Fitness Pal for droid and Tap & Track for iPhone, and I've heard good things about lose it as well. I'd definitely giving them a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry - I am using SparkPeople. That was just my picture of me recording my eats so I could input them later because I forget if I don't write them down right away. This probably won't bode well for doctorship later...

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry things didn't go as planned this morning :( I know how that goes. I'm on the struggle bus right now trying to get out of bed. Good luck on your exam!! <3

    ReplyDelete